2022 is around the corner and videos in the world of marketing just keep getting better! Nowadays it is impossible to ignore the role of the video production: corporate videos, customer testimonials, service and product explainers, interviews and many other types of highly engaging video content.
96% of marketers have placed ad spend on video (Animoto). This makes video content an irreplaceable part of any businesses’ marketing strategy. If you are not convinced, below I listed top 22 marketing stats which prove the importance of video production.
Videos work extremely well because they create an experience for your consumers rather that just an informational session. One you understood your potential audience and their problems, you can create right type of videos to reach out to them and introduce your product or service.
1. 84% of marketers say video has helped them generate leads. (Wyzowl)
2. Over 90% of people say they discover new brands or products on YouTube. (Google)
Nurture stage is important for building a relationship with your customer. You are not focused on pushing the sale, but connect with an audience and provide them with the information about the product or service.
3. 94% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service. (Wyzowl)
4. Viewers claim they retain 95% of a message when obtained via video. (Social Media Week)
Video format proved to be incredibly effective at converting prospects to customers. Viewers can see your product or service in action, get answers to questions they might have had and demonstrating real-life applications.
5. More than half of shoppers say online video has helped them decide which specific brand or product to buy. (Google)
6. 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video. (Wyzowl)
Don’t forget to interact with your existing customers! This will ensure a perfect post-purchase experience and drive brand loyalty. Post-purchase content can ensure that customers get the most out of their new product or service.
7. 93% of consumers find video helpful for post-purchase instructions. (Animoto)
8. 43% of video marketers say video has reduced the number of support calls they’ve received. (Wyzowl)
9. YouTube is the #1 purchase-driver on social. (Animoto)
10. 87% of people say when shopping or browsing on YouTube, they feel like they can make a decision to purchase or not purchase faster. (Google)
11. 83% of consumers worldwide prefer YouTube to watch video content. (Hubspot)
12. 65% of video viewers say YouTube is their favorite channel for watching user-generated content. (Limelight)
13. Over 40% of global shoppers say they have purchased products they discovered on YouTube. (Google)
18. 99% of marketers claim they will continue to use video in their approach. (Social Media Week)
19. Video is the #1 form of media used in content strategy, overtaking blogs and infographics. (Hubspot)
20. 46% of marketers are using live video as a social media tactic. (Hubspot)
21. 94% of video marketers consider video an important part of their marketing strategy. (Wyzowl)
22. 16% of marketers who don’t currently use video say it’s because they lack the time. (Wyzowl)
Hopefully, these 22 video marketing statistics for 2022 have convinced you that it’s important to include video in your content marketing plan. If you’ve been thinking to use video content in your marketing activities but don’t know where to start, contact me and we’ll discuss your goals to come up with a video strategy that works for your audience, your goals, and your budget. I am here to help!